CHANGE FACEBOOK USERNAME – HOW TO CHANGE MY FACEBOOK USERNAME
CHANGE FACEBOOK USERNAME – HOW TO CHANGE MY FACEBOOK USERNAME : As we all know, change is the only constant thing in life and the good news is that Facebook has given us the opportunity to change our names from time to time.
As they say, variety is the spice of life, so why don’t you spice up your Facebook life and change your name?For most of us, the names we used to open our Facebook account five years ago is the same name we are still using today
How Do You Change My Facebook Username
You can customize the web address for your profile by choosing a username. Before updating your Facebook username
- Go to the official Facebook login page at https://www.facebook.com
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings.
- Click Username.
- Enter your new username and your password.
- Click Save Changes.
Facebook Usernames must consist of alphanumeric characters (a–z, 0–9) or periods (“.”).
How to change Your name Using the Facebook App
- Click on the menu button at the top right hand of the page (under the messenger logo)
- Scroll down to Account Settings and tap on it
- Click on General
- On the pop-up screen, tap on Name
- On the screen that pops up, type any name you want to know as on Facebook then tap on Review change
- Enter your password and click on Save changes.
How to Change Your Facebook Username Using Browser
- Click on in the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click on Name
- Enter your name and click on Review Change
- Enter your password and click on Save Changes
Remember that Facebook has some terms and conditions attached to changing your name on Facebook. They are stated below:
- Your name can’t include:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation
- Characters from multiple languages
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious)
- Words or phrases in place of a name
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind
- If your name follows the standards and you’re still having trouble changing it, find out why.
Other things to keep in mind:
- The name on your profile should be the name that your friends call you in everyday life. This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list.
- Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they’re a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
- You can also list another name on your account (example: maiden name, nickname, professional name).
- Profiles are for individual use only. You can create a Page for a business, organization, or idea.
- Pretending to be anything or anyone isn’t allowed.
NOTE: You will not be able to change your name again until after sixty(60) days or two months.Have fun!
If you found this helpful? Kindly go to the comment section below.