CHECK FOR FREE DISK SPACE ON MAC
CHECK FOR FREE DISK SPACE ON MAC – Macbook users do not get concerned about their storage getting full, this is because of the large storage space that the product comes with. It is even coupled with the availability of external hard drives, and the option of an online storage.
One day you may need to know how much free space you have on the laptop left, for one reason or another. If you do not know how to check it, in this article i will give you different method to.
HOW TO CHECK FOR FREE DISK SPACE ON MAC
RECOMMENDED: ORGANIC WAY TO lOSE BELLY FAT
If you are using the Mac Yosemite version or any other version after, you can use this method
- Click, on your menu
- Then, click on About this MAC”,
- Click on the “Storage” option in the toolbar.
This will display the distribution of your used storage space and available storage left, if you are using Mavericks or X Mountain Lion version
- Click on “more info” before you can see your “storage”.
- Navigate to “Finder”.
- Choose “View menu”
- Click on “Show status bar”.
As you click on this, a window that displays your folders would appear, and just at the end of the page, you would see the available disk space of your Mac.
You should learn to keep your storage device on your desktop for easier access.
- navigate to “Finder” and click on “Preferences”.
- Next click on “General” and choose your storage device in the “Show these items on the desktop” setting.
- Having done this, go to your desktop and select the storage device, Next hit the space bar key and you would see the storage summary of your device as well as the free disk space.
- First go to your “applications” and select “utilities”.
- Next you would click on the title of your hard drive.
- Then a window would be opened showing a summary of your disk storage space, both used and free.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR STORAGE
If your storage is running low, there’s a high chance that you haven’t been managing it properly, it could even be due to accumulated junk. To manage your storage,
- first go to your menu
- click on “About this Mac”
- Next click on “Storage”.
- Just at the right part of your screen, slightly above the analysis of your storage
- click on “Manage”.
It would lead you to a window that not only shows you what your apps, books, documents, iCloud drive, and others are consuming, it also shows you at the right part of the screen 4 ways to manage your storage. You can either choose to
- Store in iCloud
- Optimize Storage by removing movies and TV shows which you already watched
- Empty trash automatically by deleting items that are saved in the trash for more than 30 days
- Reduce Clutter
If you found this helpful? Kindly go to the comment section below