COVID-19 Virus – COVID 19 Virus Symptoms | COVID 19 Prevention and Safety Guide
The COVID-19 Virus which has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization, W.H.O., has taken its toll on the human race. With hundreds of thousands of confirmed cases of people infected and thousands of people died from the COVID-19 Virus, it has now become of great concern to the world at large.
Since its first identification in 2019 in Wuhan, China, the COVID-19 Virus has been claiming lives in high numbers. This has thrown a lot of people into panic as one can even easily pick up the virus. Everyone now has been advised to stay indoors or observe social distancing. This is done in the bid to combat the COVID-19 Virus and to contain the spread of it.
Although this COVID-19 Virus has only been around since the end of 2019, it has sure has made its mark in the world. On the guide, we would be talking about the COVID-19 Virus, the symptoms of the virus and the prevention of it.
COVID-19 Virus | What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 Virus is a virus from the family of coronaviruses. The word “COVID-19” is just a short form for Coronavirus Disease 2019. This disease is caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2. The acronym for this is SARS-CoV-2.
COVID-19 Virus is an Infectious disease. One can get contaminated when an infected person coughs or sneezes. This is because the droplet of a sneeze or cough contains the virus responsible for the disease. The virus cannot be caught if one stands at least one meter away from an infected person as the virus is too heavy to travel. This makes the virus falls and settles on surfaces.
One can actually pick up the disease from an infected person by coming in contact with the droplets of an infected person or from surfaces where the virus has settled on. This virus finds its way into our body system when we touch our eyes, nose or mouth with our hands or anything that already carries the COVID-19 Virus.
READ MORE: Bank of America Home Loans and Rates | Online Loans
COVID 19 Virus Symptoms
The symptoms of the Covid-19 Virus are very similar to that of cold. One could easily overlook these symptoms and mark them are symptoms of cold. It usually takes about fourteen days from the time of infection for the symptoms of the virus to show. Below, some of the symptoms of the Covid-19 Virus are listed.
- Dry cough
- Chest pain
- Running nose
- Shortness of breath
- General body tiredness
- Nasal congestion
- Pains in the joint
- Sore throat
- Multi-organ failure
These symptoms amongst others are the major and very common symptoms shown by infected persons. Only the sick persons show severe symptoms.
COVID 19 Prevention and Safety Tips
The prevention of the Covid-19 Virus can be easy if we thoroughly observe simple and proper hygiene. It is said that one of the most effective ways of preventing oneself from the virus. Some of the ways to prevent you from the Covid-19 Virus are already listed below.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Try as much as possible to do this frequently.
- Do well to always carry hand sanitizers along with you if you have to go out. Always remember to use it after touching any surface or foreign object as they have high tendencies to carry the virus.
- Avoid touching your face after touching others objects.
- Disinfect surfaces and surroundings for fomites as this also helps to keep us away from possible contamination.
- Always wear a medicated mask whenever you are in public.
- Cough or sneeze in to your elbow when you are in the midst of other people.
- Dispose of any napkins, tissue, and face mask properly.
- Do not reuse a face mask, paper towel or tissue as you stand a risk of contracting the virus.
- Keep to social distancing and isolate yourself as much as possible.
- Report any suspected case of the virus in order to get medical attention on time.
- Avoid contact with anyone who has been infected with the virus.
Use the comment box below for more inquires.