Government of Ireland Scholarships For Masters & PhD 2023/2024 for International Students (Fully Funded)
You are welcome to Government of Ireland Scholarships, Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship offers scholarships for suitably qualified individuals to pursue a research master’s or PhD (either traditional or structured), in any discipline, at eligible higher education institutions in Ireland.
About Government of Ireland Scholarships Award
The aim of the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, hereinafter referred to as the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, is to support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
A number of targeted scholarships are offered in collaboration with strategic funding partners.
Type: Masters (by Research), PhD
1. Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent degree result is a first class or upper second-class honors. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- Must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the programme, including strategic partner themes. This includes applications since 2010 to the EMBARK Scheme previously run by the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology, and the Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme previously run by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- In the case of applications for a research master’s scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- In the case of applications for a doctoral degree scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
RECOMMENDED: Check Out Top 10 Scholarships for Second Class Lower (2.2) Graduates
2. Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency. For category one, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- Be a national of a European Union member state, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and
- Have been ordinarily resident in a European Union member state, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland for a continuous period of three of the five years preceding 1 October 2021.
All other applicants will fall under category two.
While the majority of scholarships will be awarded to applicants who fall under category one, a proportion of awards will also be made to exceptional applicants who fall under category two. Please note that the Council may request documented evidence of an applicant’s nationality and residence.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum.
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum.
Duration of Program
- Research master’s degree: 12 months.
- Structured research master’s degree: 24 months.
- Traditional doctoral degree: 36 month.
- Structured doctoral degree: 48 months.
READ ALSO: US Embassy Scholarships Programme 2023: Apply Now
How to Apply For Government of Ireland Scholarships
Potential applicants should read the 2022 Call Documents like the FAQ as well as Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms through the school online system.
⇒ Kindly Click Here to visit Program home page for Details
- Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
- Eligible Countries: National and International
- To Be Taken At (Country): Ireland