How to Delete Notifications on Facebook
How to Delete Notifications on Facebook – Are you tired of unwanted and annoying Facebook notification always coming up? Whether it is from a friend, a group and other updates, we just end up getting notifications we really do not care about. Facebook can send you alerts and notifications through text, emails, and the main Facebook app.
You get notified you have got a message if you have been tagged in a post if you have gotten likes and comments on your post if you have been mentioned in a post and so much more. You see all these when you log in. are you tired of this already? Do you want to know How to Delete Notifications on Facebook? Do not worry, I will take you through every detailed step on how to do this.
RECOMMENDED: How to start a Facebook Live video 2019
Perhaps you may be the type who get 99 new notification, yes, I know how annoying that can seem. And you might have also gotten a pile of these notifications. Well there is a way for you to stop seeing the pile of these alerts and notifications. You can clear these notifications! It is just as easy as that.
Types of Facebook Notifications – How to Delete Notifications on Facebook
These notifications on the Facebook platform are updates about every activity that goes on within the Facebook app. However, the types of Facebook notification that are available are actually based on the platform you are making use of at the moment.
READ MORE: Facebook Dating Tips – Find Your Date on Facebook Now
Mobile and Desktop
- Push notifications – these alerts are shown to you most especially when you are not active at the moment. But it helps you engage with your Facebook friends and other activities.
- The red notification alert – this form of notification comes in form of a red bubble that appears with the particular number of notifications you have at the moment. These forms of alerts include notifications for messages, friend requests, and the rest of the notifications.
Email notifications – these alerts and notifications are sent directly to your email address.
- Text notifications – these notifications are sent to you through the regular SMS medium.
- Pop-up notifications – these notifications are displayed in forms of pop-ups. If there are any notifications, immediately you log in to your account, these pop-up displays are shown to you. You have to click on the pop-up to get the full story of the notifications or you can click on X in order to close it.
READ ALSO: Facebook Dating Is Rolling Out – How to Access Facebook Dating
How to Delete Notifications on Facebook
I know a lot of users out there have just been searching for the ways on How to Clear Facebook Notifications, as these alerts could sometimes prove to be annoying. I will take you through every step on How to Clear Facebook Notifications. You can do this with the Facebook website on your computer and also on the mobile app with your Android and IOS devices.
On the Computer
- Open the Facebook website on your computer via www.facebook.com, and log in to your account.
- Tap the notifications icon at the top of the page.
- When the notifications are open, hover your cursor over the notification you want to remove.
- When you hover the cursor over it, click on the three dots by the side of the notification.
- Click on it and select Hide This Notification.
SEE MORE: Zoosk Dating App – Online Dating Site & Dating App with 40 Million Singles
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device and log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the notification icon.
- Click and hold on the notification
- Lastly, click on the three dots and select hide this notification
- Open the Facebook app on your device and log in to your account.
- Click on the notification icon at the top of the page.
- On the notification you want to remove, swipe from right to left.
- Click on Hide.
Hope this information is helpful? kindly use the comment below for more information. THANKS.