HOW TO SHOW DESKTOP ON MAC
HOW TO SHOW DESKTOP ON MAC – On Mac, you will not find options like that to able to display desktop. Do not worry i will show you how to display desktop on Mac.
STEPS ON HOW TO SHOW DESKTOP ON MAC
I will explain different way on how it can be done.
RECOMMENDED: CHECK FOR FREE DISK SPACE ON MAC
Creating Hot Corners
Hot corners is among one of the easiest ways to display desktop on your Mac. Below are the instructions to follow in order to set hot corners:
- Navigate to your ‘Apple Menu and click on System Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Desktop & Screen Saver’ button and tap on the ‘Screen Saver’ tab.
- After that, tap on the ‘Hot Corners’ button.
- Then on the popup that will show on your window, you are going to see four dropdown boxes that indicate the four corners of your Mac.
- Then tap on the dropdown at the lower right and select the ‘Desktop’ option.
- You can also be able to select any of the dropdowns and set the other options like Mission Control, Dashboard, Notification Center, and others.
Then tap on the OK button.
The Fn + F11 or F11
The F11 key on your Mac keyboard usually does the trick of hiding the windows and showing the desktop. But on most of the MacBook pro’s keyboard, the F11 key will do the function of reducing volume. And so, if that’s the case, you can press ‘Fn + F11’ keys in order to show or hide the desktop on your MacBook. This is also similar to using the ‘Win + D’ shortcut keys in Windows computer. If you wish to show all the hidden windows again or to go back to the previous window, you can also press the keys again.
Using the Trackpad Gesture
Now to enable this said gesture on your mac;
- tap on your “Apple menu” and navigate to your “System Preferences” section.
- Then tap on the “Trackpad” and also click on the “More Gestures” tab.
- Then click on the “Show Desktop” option in order to view desktop.
If you found this helpful? Kindly go to the comment section below.