How to Use SEO Effectively On Your Websites
How to Use SEO Effectively On Your Websites – Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a complex process that has a number of different types. All SEO types have the same goal: To optimize a website for greater visibility in search engines.
Types Of SEO
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Content SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- eCommerce SEO
I shall be discussing extensively on the most essential ones above listed for a rapid traffic increase on your website.
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Guideline on How to Use SEO Effectively On Your Websites
RECOMMENDED:HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A NEW PALMCHAT ACCOUNT
- Technical SEO : is exactly what the name implies i.e. technical parameters that affect the visibility of a website in search engines.The main goal of technical SEO is to ensure that search engine crawlers can crawl and index a website without any problems.
The most important technical SEO guidelines are:
- Check and optimize your robots.txt to make sure that search engines can correctly access your website.
- Add and verify your website with Google Search Console and specify your preferred domain.
- Use the COVERAGE report to find and fix crawl errors.
- Create an XML Sitemap and submit to all major search engines.
- Optimize your site structure and URL structure.
- Follow SEO Friendly web design
- Create websites that load fast on both desktop and mobile devices.
- On Page SEO: has to do with the page itself and how to make it friendlier to search engines and users.
It should be noted that while search engines look at a website as a whole, ranking is performed on a page level basis.
That’s why it’s important to pay attention to the optimization of each and every page on your website.
The most important on-page SEO guidelines are:
Optimize your page titles. This is a critical SEO factor. Page titles are shown in the search results and should be interesting for users to click. The title of a page should also give search engine bots enough clues on what the page content is all about.
Optimize your H1 Tag. While the page title is shown in the SERPS, the H1 tag is what is shown as the top heading of a page. An optimized page has only one H1 tag and usually it has the same values as the page title.
Optimize your headings. Besides the H1 tag a page needs to have sub headings (H2, H3) for the different sections. In case of long form content, subheadings make the page easier to read by users and scan by crawlers.
SEO for Images. Any images used on a page should be properly optimized, otherwise search engines cannot understand what they represent. Things like optimizing the filename, file size and ALT text are critical for image SEO.
Page formatting. Publishing a page with text and images without spending time to beautify the content is not a good SEO practice. Although Google cannot ‘see’ a page like a human, they have ways to understand how a page looks or if it’s full of ads and popups and this is taken into account during the ranking process.
- Content SEO: is a subset of on-page SEO. Content SEO is all about the quality of the content and how to make it better.
To achieve this, you can follow these guidelines:Start your content creation process with keyword research. Find the SEO keywords that are important for your website and incorporate them in your content.
Go one step further and look for long-tail keywords and semantically related (or LSI) keywords, and add them to your titles, headings and main content.
Publish content that is thorough and long enough so that users can get what they want and search engines to have enough clues to understand the context of your content.
Link out to other high-quality websites (if it makes sense) and to other pages of your website to help users learn more about a topic.
- Off-page SEO is all about promotion. While the previous SEO types concentrated more on the website infrastructure and content, off-page SEO has to do with techniques you can use to promote your website on the Internet.
Websites that are popular are more likely to rank higher on Google than less popular websites.
The most important off-page SEO methods are:
Link Building. Link building is the process of getting SEO backlinks from other websites.
These backlinks act as ‘votes of trust’ and increase the authority of the target website (provided that they don’t have the nofollow attribute attached to the link).
Brand Promotion. Google likes to rank known brands high in the results because people trust them.
If you found this helpful? Kindly go to the comment section below.