President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London – 2018/2019 Scholarship
President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London: If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London. The President’s PhD Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
President’s PhD Scholarships Application Instructions
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through the online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential. Applications put forward for this scholarship scheme will be considered throughout the academic year. The cutoff dates for decisions are 9 November 2018, 18 January 2019, and 22 March 2019.
President’s PhD Scholarships Eligibility
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide.
- There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction.
- They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility).
- Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information.
Take note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,200 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
Host Institution(s): Imperial College London, UK
Level/Field of study: Eligible PhD Programmes offered at the University
Number of Awards: 50
Target group: Students of any nationality.
Deadline: 18 Jan/22 Mar 2019 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Aug-Nov 2019
Scholarship Official Website: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/fees-and-funding/scholarships/presidents-phd-scholarships/
Kindly use the comment section below for more inquires